Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Before I fall asleep at night, I close my eyes and wrap myself around you. I can feel your breath on my neck. In my mind, its real. You are real. Just writing about it makes me stare at this page for minutes at a time like Im in a trance. Today I sat alone for hours and wrote hundreds of words to you. I looked up and saw people staring. They're always staring, trying to read my thoughts. I don't let them. I will never let them get to you, don't worry. I will never let them touch you. I will never sell you out. Tonight I will be with you, entwined. Your smile will light a thousand sails on fire. In my thoughts I am invincible. When our souls touch, we are all things. Sometimes I feel like glass. If I breathe too hard, I will implode. Sometimes I feel frozen like a piece of iron. Like a factory that's been shut down. Right now Im frozen. My thoughts are frozen fingers, like a spider made of ice. In your eyes I see a flame. It draws me to you. You are everything to me. I sing songs to you. I live like everyone is a stranger. They freeze me out, they empty me. I feel like an old warehouse. Do you want me? Tonight you and I walk together in the fall air. Street lamps throw down shadowed light. The leaves under our feet. Imagine that, for once we are alone. I can close my eyes and see it. Tonight my heart incinerates my soul. What else is there? Nothing. Nothing for me, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment