Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tia Dalma: My sweet, you've come for me.
Davy Jones: You were expecting me?
Tia Dalma: It has been torture, trapped in this single form, cut off from the sea. From all that I love. From you.
Davy Jones: Ten years, I devoted to the duty you charged me. Ten years, I looked after those who died at sea, and finally, when we could be together again, you weren't there. Why weren't you there?
Tia Dalma: It is my nature. Would you love me if I was anything but what I am?
Davy Jones: I do not love you!
Tia Dalma: Many things you were, Davy Jones, but never cruel. You have corrupted your purpose, and so yourself, and you did hide away what should always have been mine!
[turns him to his untentacley human form]
Davy Jones: [caressing her face] Calypso.
Tia Dalma: I will be free, and when I am, I will give you my heart, and we will be together always... but if only you had a heart to give.
[turns him to his tentacley monstrous form]
Tia Dalma: [his crab claw arm reaches out and chokes her] Why did you come?
Davy Jones: [unable to pull his arm back through the bars, he walks through them] And what fate have you planned for your captors?
Tia Dalma: [angrily] The brethren court? All of them, the last thing they will learn in this life is how cruel I can be.
[Jones turns to leave]
Tia Dalma: And what of your fate, Davy Jones?
Davy Jones: [turns back] My heart will always belong to you.
[he leaves]
Tia Dalma: [smiles softly to herself]

No comments:

Post a Comment